Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I baically had a person stay at my flat for well over a

Hi Yes
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I baically had a person stay at my flat for well over a month as they injured. Repeatedly, made excuses for not paying me. I covered all of his expenses during the time as he had lost his debit card and then another excuse ect..He is refusing to pay me back. The total amount is over £3,000.00 What are my options regarding claiming. The individual has indefinite leave to remain but not a UK passport. I was clearly too nice and was stupid but want my cash he owes me.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent repeated emails and is just simply refusing to pay. I am in the process of filing a claim butwanted to check before
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have whatsapps and promissory notes

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days of the letter of claim, or say you will go to Court within 30 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

I am just in Court. I will call in 30 mins.

Will show as withheld.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ty
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
can you call my land line instead? 02038429562
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
44 clearly
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
just running down to the shop. Will be back in 5 minutes

Ok

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
back sorry
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
call whenever convenient

I will call in 4min 32 seconds.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
cool

Pleasure