How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalNinja Your Own Question
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 511
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
LegalNinja is online now

I have a N265 List of documents - standard disclosure form

This answer was rated:

I have a N265 List of documents - standard disclosure form to fill in before 30th October - I recieved it on 5th October. I am the claimant - Please can you advise on the best way to do this? Thanks very much - Judith
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I filled in all the forms asked for on MCOL and then I have recieved a court order to comply with varius things starting with the N265 form.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have spoken to a solicitors to start mediation on Wednesday 16th althugh I doubt that my ex-partner will go for it but the court suggested it. I have tried since October 2018 to resolve this issue with no avail.



Thank you for your question. May I confirm that you require assistance in completing this form?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

thanks for getting back to me so soon.

Yes please - I have all the documents and information but I'm finding the legal workding on the form off putting.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cant call at this time.. sorry.

Hi there,



Thank you. Yes I completely understand.

Don’t worry about the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system, giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you

Please bare with me whilst I type a response.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
First page point: 1 i am this my name?

So you will tick Claimant.

Next, you will insert the date of the Court Order referred to.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
point 2: my name again?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
then do I list all the documants that I have?

Yes, it will normally be necessary to list the documents in date order, to number them consecutively and to give each a concise description.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already done a spread sheet with all items numbered and listed in date order so I can attach that cant I?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the search part do I need to fill in?

Yes, this is acceptable to do.

Yes you will need to complete the search section.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OKay I can do that - I think as it is self explanitory isnt it?

Yes, it should be fairly straightforward to complete.

If you do get stuck, you can always come back to me for any guidance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you - 3 & 4 are in connection with the searchs that I have done in relation to the documents I'm submitting arent they?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am I the party or is that the defendant ? - question 5 /6
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
7 is to state any informtation not shared?

Can I just confirm that which form you are using?

Form N265 does not refer to numbering.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A is staightforward - B is things I do not want to share and my objections?
I am filling in form N256 CCFL
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
C - documents that I no longer have but can account the value of?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the numbers are the points on the form that require answers or information

Yes that is correct. B documents would generally be legal correspondence with your adviser or without prejudice correspondence.

C documents you must still disclose but are no longer in your possession.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont have any legal help as cant afford any with all the court costs and now mediation....

Yes I understand which form you are referring to as there are different types of N265 forms.

I understand.

You are the party in question 5 and 6.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will double check which actual form I need to fill in and get back to you when back at home as still at work - thank you very much for your support so far - you have made me feel a little better.

It's a pleasure.


I would be grateful for a positive rating at the top of your screen. That is how us Experts are credited for our time. The chat will not close and will be open to any further posting should you wish. All the best. -LN
LegalNinja and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll be in touch soon - thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have checked the form it is the standard disclosure one N265.....Im finding the boxes confusing as not sure which to tick???