Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I bought a gaming chair from Smyths and it stopped working,

Hello, my name is ***** ***** bought a gaming chair from Smyths and it stopped working, I swapped it for another and that stopped working too. Can I get a refund? It'll be 28days since I bought the first on a week tomorrow.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Lincoln
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've contacted the company who make the chair and no one has replied to my messages. The number given goes to answer machine. Smyths have been brilliant so far, however, xrocker who make the chair haven't been.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of

Hello my name is Jenny I am a solicitor and I will be happy to help you today.

Yes there is a statutory right to refund in this situation.

You should return the chair and ask for your money back.

If they refuse you will be entitled to bring a small claim for the value of the chair under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Do you have any further questions about this today please?

Hello is there anything further I can help you with today please ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I contacted Smyths yesterday, I mentioned about a refund and they said they needed to wait to see what the chair manufactures want to do before they decided what they would refund me my money. Is that ok or can I insist on a refund?