How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalNinja Your Own Question
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 882
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
LegalNinja is online now

Mcol n180, England, it was 2014 case filled by debt

This answer was rated:

mcol n180
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: it was 2014 case filled by debt collector, I defended the case and acknowldge by mcol, but since then I never heard anything or sending n10 form
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this case is active in court or it was struck already? beforhand i can access the case online but today trying access the login with Claim Number: Defence Pack Password ***** failed..


Thank you for your message. What is your query please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is regarding the case filled against me in 2014 from debt collector for small money claim at MCOL I responded it with my defence within the time. It was acknowledge from MCOL but afterward never heared anything if the proceeding will go through or the complainant send the N180 form. I do normally checking the website and login with the claim number and defence password ***** access the case online, however lately since last month I can't access these case. My question is what happened to that case now and what action do I need if any or necessary. Thank you very much.
Thank you for your message. Which Court was the matter issued in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
County Court Business Centre
Thank you. Here is the number for the CCBC 0300(###) ###-####You should contact the Court and ask regarding the status of the matter. The adviser should be able to advise what the last activity was in the matter and any information that you may require.
Will that be all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I understand if the claimant wishes to continue to pursue the case, they must send a Directions Questionnaire (form N180) to the court, and a copy to me, the defendant. but never heard from them, it's more than 5 years now. and I really worry since I am applying for british citizenship...
I understand.It may be the Claimant has discontinued the case. You should be able to confirm this by calling the Court on Monday.Is that OK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay then, thank you very much for your time. I will contact you if I have any questions next time. cheers
It’s a pleasure.I would be greatful for a positive rating at the top of your screen. This is how us Experts are credited for our time. The chat will stay open for further posting if you wish.All the best-LN
LegalNinja and other Law Specialists are ready to help you