LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

Mcol n180, England, it was 2014 case filled by debt

mcol n180
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: it was 2014 case filled by debt collector, I defended the case and acknowldge by mcol, but since then I never heard anything or sending n10 form
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this case is active in court or it was struck already? beforhand i can access the case online but today trying access the login with Claim Number: Defence Pack Password ***** failed..

Thank you for your message. What is your query please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It is regarding the case filled against me in 2014 from debt collector for small money claim at MCOL I responded it with my defence within the time. It was acknowledge from MCOL but afterward never heared anything if the proceeding will go through or the complainant send the N180 form. I do normally checking the website and login with the claim number and defence password to access the case online, however lately since last month I can't access these case. My question is what happened to that case now and what action do I need if any or necessary. Thank you very much.
Thank you for your message. Which Court was the matter issued in?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
County Court Business Centre
Thank you. Here is the number for the CCBC 0300 123 1056.

You should contact the Court and ask regarding the status of the matter. The adviser should be able to advise what the last activity was in the matter and any information that you may require.
Will that be all?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
As I understand if the claimant wishes to continue to pursue the case, they must send a Directions Questionnaire (form N180) to the court, and a copy to me, the defendant. but never heard from them, it's more than 5 years now. and I really worry since I am applying for british citizenship...
I understand.

It may be the Claimant has discontinued the case. You should be able to confirm this by calling the Court on Monday.

Is that OK?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
okay then, thank you very much for your time. I will contact you if I have any questions next time. cheers
It’s a pleasure.

I would be greatful for a positive rating at the top of your screen. This is how us Experts are credited for our time. The chat will stay open for further posting if you wish.

All the best

-LN