How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31259
Experience:  42 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now

We own a flat in the UK in our names. We now live in NZ and

Customer Question

Hi, we own a flat in the UK in our names. We now live in NZ and wish to transfer the ownership of the flat to our NZ family trust - how do we go about that?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: nothing we haven’t found anyone who can talk us through the steps
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: E1 !NH
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that’s everything
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

You can transfer the property in the UK to your trustees of the family trust, although your UK solicitor would need to do the actual conveyancing. You could do that from New Zealand of course. The trustees would be shown as the owners, which is the same as would be shown on a New Zealand title