Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My brother left his wife back in May due to a very unhappy

My brother left his wife back in May due to a very unhappy marriage. They have two children together. He works offshore and was due to go back to work when he left so he said that when he got back they would explain to their eldest daughter that they were no longer together. She agreed to this. Whilst he was away she had an injunction put against him so he couldn’t see his children for 6 months. The claims were domestic abuse and fear for the children. Everything she has stated is a lie and a very elaborate one at that. When he gets access to his children again has it been illegal for her to lie about the reasons he cannot see his children and all of the ‘evidence’ she has put forward about this?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: They had a first hearing that told him he was allowed to write to their daughter and that she had 4 weeks to get evidence together that proves her allegations. This was back in July. He was then allowed to see her evidence and counteract her allegations and submit his own evidence. He only received the statements on Wednesday and is due back in court on Wed. The statements she has presented lists no actual evidence just lies and stories from a couple of made up people. Her parents have also lied for her as they all lived together.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: Northumberland.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will she get in trouble for lying about this in a court of law?
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what do you mean by made up people?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
There’s a witness testimony by a male claiming he overheard arguing. My brother has never ever heard of this person and the statement has no signature at the bottom.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
She also asked her friend to lie to the courts and tell them that the eldest child was scared of her father when he went to say goodbye to leave for work.
Hi, thank you for your message. Lying to court is a serious offence and can in the severe cases lead to imprisonment. I would recommend that you gather any evidence you may have of this claim and bring it up before the judge to make a decision on the credibility of the evidence. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sorry what do you mean by bring it up with the judge. Is this before or after the injunction case has been settled?
He should let the judge know his claim at the hearing. Also I would recommend that if he does not have a solicitor to get one to represent him. He can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org
If he claims benefits or have a low income, he may qualify for legal aid to help pay for legal advice or representation.Contact Civil Legal Advice here : https://www.gov.uk/civil-legal-advice to check if you're eligible or use the GOV.UK legal aid checker here: https://www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.