SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Because of a serious investigation into my ex and sons

Good morning, because of a serious investigation into my ex and sons father I have had PTSD and recently suffered from non epileptic seizures, which are trauma related
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I am currently involved with MASH and have a solicitor appointed. The issue is finances now, I've had to leave my job and my partner has had to as well to look after me and my 3 children. We have had to take out credit cards and loans in order to live day to day. Can you advise me on whether I would be eligible for any type of legal aid please?
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Exeter, Devon.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I've covered the important things

Hi, I’m Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have you spoken to your solicitor about legal aid?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
she thinks I'm not eligible??
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** is more convenient

If your solicitor believes you are not entitled to legal aid, then that is likely to be the case. She has access to all the relevant information she needs to make that assessment. It does, however, sound as though on the information you have given that you may be entitled to legal aid. Of course, legal aid is based on not just your income, but on whether you own property or not too, and have savings or other things of value.

However, if you think her assessment is wrong, you can double check for yourself here: https://www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid

Does that assist?

Do you need any further assistance on this?

Did you receive my response and was it helpful?