How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1531
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Because of a serious investigation into my ex and sons

This answer was rated:

Good morning, because of a serious investigation into my ex and sons father I have had PTSD and recently suffered from non epileptic seizures, which are trauma related
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I am currently involved with MASH and have a solicitor appointed. The issue is finances now, I've had to leave my job and my partner has had to as well to look after me and my 3 children. We have had to take out credit cards and loans in order to live day to day. Can you advise me on whether I would be eligible for any type of legal aid please?
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Exeter, Devon.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I've covered the important things

Hi, I’m Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have you spoken to your solicitor about legal aid?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
she thinks I'm not eligible??
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** is more convenient

If your solicitor believes you are not entitled to legal aid, then that is likely to be the case. She has access to all the relevant information she needs to make that assessment. It does, however, sound as though on the information you have given that you may be entitled to legal aid. Of course, legal aid is based on not just your income, but on whether you own property or not too, and have savings or other things of value.

However, if you think her assessment is wrong, you can double check for yourself here:

Does that assist?

Do you need any further assistance on this?

Did you receive my response and was it helpful?

SASH_Law and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you