Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We are a sole trader company Connect Your Talent. We run

We are a sole trader company Connect Your Talent.
We run events for dance schools in Los Angeles.
We book the trip arrange an itinerary and escort the dancers to the event.
We had a group that booked for a trip Sat 12 Oct but so many dancers pulled out the numbers were not viable.
We continued to try and make it work by possibly changing a hotel and changing the itinerary.
As we were concerned we may not be able to make it happen we didn’t book the flights holding off to see what could be done.
One option was to put them with another school but this was not possible in the end.
We made the decision to move the date of the event to Feb 2020 as per our terms and conditions.https://www.connectyourtalent.co.uk/t-c
Attached copy of booking form accepting conditions
Each dancer (parent if under 18) signed the form.
The school didn’t accept this.
So we inded to fully aomply with our contract and give them the trip just on a different date.Do our terms and conditions support our action?
Where do we stand with the question of refunds?
How do we stop the school from talking to press?
What kind of statement should we issue?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: this is urgent as the press have asked for a statement we are based in UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have sent a message to say that legal statement will be made
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we need to add press containment to the mix as we have been contacted by the press but not sure how to react

Hello, my name is Ben, I am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

When would payments have been made?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
over a schedule of month culminating in august

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the press have a deadline for statement of 3.00pm

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you with this.

What do your terms say about refunds?

I will call shortly.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor

It will show as withheld.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have put some follow up questions just want to make sure they have gone through

Cant see anything

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will repeat. Next steps shall I give them a company address so they can communicate everything up to now has been via email? Should I send a statement that we will be running the event as per our terms and conditions? If yes what wording would you suggest? I assume they can they decide to litigate and test the terms and conditions? At that point I assume I can decide to defend or make a deal?

Yes send the statement with future dates.

Also say you have told them on x occasions.....

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
is there a preffered wording

Not really. Just that the event was cancelled and has been reschedule for x,y,z.

The parents have been informed on a,b,c, date.