Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

This is in regards to my CCJ.. which I didnt know about

This is in regards ***** ***** CCJ.. which I didnt know about
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Not yet.. i dont know where to start
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: so far I am trying to find out where is this CCJ come which company and if I can have it removed as I didnt receive any information about it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Aboout all the default payment that pyday loans did to my account

You can have the judgment set aside and removed.

However as you mentioned you need to know the Source of the CCJ.

Can you send a picture of the CCJ and I can tell you the source of the CCJ

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I just saw the CCJ from my credit file.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
In my credit file its from business centre

I suggest you undertake the following steps ASAP because you dont want the baliffs coming.

• Contact the business on 0300(###) ###-####and inform give them your full name and explain you have a ccj against you and ask them to provide the CLAIMANT'S DETAILS

If they cant help you contact your credit file provider and ask to provide furthe information of the CCJ because they will likely have this information given the entered this info on your file

Once you have obtained the Claimant's/creditor details contact them immediately and explain what you mentioned to me and inform them to send all information about this debt and REFRAIN FROM UNDERTAKINGS AND FURTHER ACTION

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Once they gave me the claimants detail what should i do next?

Once you have obtained the Claimant's/creditor details contact them immediately and explain what you mentioned to me and inform them to send all information about this debt and REFRAIN FROM UNDERTAKINGS ANY FURTHER ACTION

The bit in bold is to stop the baliff coming and give you time and breathing space to review the matter properly before paying or challenging it

I hope you understand what I have stated

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If i just pay it does it still affect my credit?

Yes unless you get a certificate of satisfaction. However when you review the documents you may find out that you have good grounds to challenge the CCJ

Hence you need to review and consider properly and perhaps undertaking legal advice

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How can I challenge a CCJ?

Given this is a new question please rate the answer given using the stars button at the top of your screen for the first question. Once rated I will answer the second question at no costs.

You can challenge a CCJ by making an application using a form call N244. The information within the form will be reasons why you believe you are not responsible for the debt

Or alternatively you can challenge the CCJ on a technical basis which is the Creditors did not follow the court rules before requesting the court to enter CCJ

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
and if I just pay this do you think the creditor will help clean this on my file?

They can if you ask them but that responsibility lies with you.

Please also see attached the form 244 mentioned

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where do O send this form? And where can i get the claimant number?

Form will be sent to the court where the CCJ was entered and the claim number will be on the court documents you will eventually receive from the creditors