UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I went through a company called fast track to recover PPI.

I went through a company called fast track to recover PPI. Barclaycard originally said I had no PPI to reclaim but after a period of time and out of the blue they relooked at the case and sent me a cheque for monies owed.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: notingham, sorry pressed enter before finishing
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: fast track have asked for their cut which is what I expected but when sending me details they gave me a copy letter for someone in Oxford and not a copy of the letter that I had received from Barclaycard. As yet I have not received an invoice but have had 2 telephone calls demanding ful payment. I sent a letter of complaint as I assume my details must have gone to a third party and thus they are in breach of the data protection act. I have so far withheld payment until this is resolved. Am I correct in doing this?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

If you entered into a contract with Fast Track, I am afraid you would be obliged to settle their charges as per the terms of engagement that you agreed with them.

Any data of your personal data is a separate cause of complaint, I am afraid you should not really withhold payment on that ground as you may file a complaint about that to the ICO separately.

May I help further? If not, please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
thank you