Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can Eon suddenly send a letter from a debt collector for

Can Eon suddenly send a letter from a debt collector for money they say I owed from 2013/14
Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: In a dispute with Eon at present in regards ***** ***** smart meter and suddenly get this letter from a company called Lowell financial Ltd saying I owe £216
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just contacted you
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: cant think

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I left Eon as my supplier in 2013 through uswitch and recently returned to Eon again. Very recently they tried to increase my DD from £110 a month to £183. I rang and explained that I live on my own and in no way would I individually consume that much. I asked to explain why the massive increase and was told because of my recent usage it was necessary. When I asked for a breakdown it transpired that they claimed my usage from feb-to apr was increased. I questioned this as I spent tge majority of that time in Ireland caring for my terminally ill Mum that died in may leaving the house empty. They were not interested so I asked for my smartmeter to be checked which they told me I would have to pay for £56 . Then about a week later I got the first letter from the debt collector firm . Seemed like they dredged that one up out of malice. I have no recollection what so ever of owing them £216

A colleague has accepted the call. They will ring shortly.