ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

I employed Purple bricks to sell my mothers bungalow for me

I employed Purple bricks to sell my mothers bungalow for me with a service to show potential buyers around the property as I live 3 hours away and would be unable to do so. However after a few months they had only shown 1 potential buyer around the property and from the feedback it was evident the purple bricks representative had no local knowledge. There was another couple who wanted to look round but Purple Bricks had nobody available to show them round. In the end au had to move the sale to a local estate agent who showed 30 people around the property before the sale was agreed so there were obviously quite a few interested people. Despite a conversation with the agent, messages to Purple bricks and now their solicitors these have all been ignored and they have sent me a letter taking me to court for payment of their fees. My understanding of a contract is that you pay for a product or service provided - U feel they haven’t provided me for a service yet they still expect me to pay for it - please can you advise me.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: no I haven’t I live in the Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just contacting them to dispute their claim for payment
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that everything

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Did you sign a contact with this estate agent, if you did, what did the clause say re their payment?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great - Thanks

What kind of selling rights did you give to the agents?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I wanted the full service from them as I live 3 hours from the property I was unable to show people round.

Thanks for speaking with me today.