How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35989
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

What can I do if a judge gave me an unfair trial on a small

This answer was rated:

Hi , what can I do if a judge gave me an unfair trial on a small case county court and in top of that refuses me to appeal?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You can apply to appeal the case if you consider that the judge got either the law or the evidence wrong. You can not just appeal because you did not like the decision and if you lose the appeal you could possible be liable for the other sides costs, so there is a lot to think about. You can appeal against a small claims decision only if there was some sort of irregularity in the proceedings, or you have reason to believe the court made an error in law, in which case your notice of appeal must be filed within 21 days.

I have attached two leaflets which explains the process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your answer Sir, The thing I want to mention here is not only the unfair trail that I've been giving in the court, but it's also the sense of discrimination I felt as the judge and the 2 defendants were from the same origin and one of them is a lawyer, I don't only want my case to be looked at again but I really want to public my bad experience with this particular judge.

You would really have to deal with it as an appeal. You can raise these matters in any potential appeal. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks again, How much please this would cost me If using a solicitor? any legal aid if receiving disability benefits? ( Just rated you 5 stars) .

A solicitor would charge about a grand for a case such as this and there would not be legal aid Im afraid.