ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

What can I do if a judge gave me an unfair trial on a small

Hi , what can I do if a judge gave me an unfair trial on a small case county court and in top of that refuses me to appeal?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You can apply to appeal the case if you consider that the judge got either the law or the evidence wrong. You can not just appeal because you did not like the decision and if you lose the appeal you could possible be liable for the other sides costs, so there is a lot to think about. You can appeal against a small claims decision only if there was some sort of irregularity in the proceedings, or you have reason to believe the court made an error in law, in which case your notice of appeal must be filed within 21 days.

I have attached two leaflets which explains the process - https://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/PDFForms/EX340.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n164-appellants-notice-small-claims-track-only

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your answer Sir, The thing I want to mention here is not only the unfair trail that I've been giving in the court, but it's also the sense of discrimination I felt as the judge and the 2 defendants were from the same origin and one of them is a lawyer, I don't only want my case to be looked at again but I really want to public my bad experience with this particular judge.

You would really have to deal with it as an appeal. You can raise these matters in any potential appeal. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks again, How much please this would cost me If using a solicitor? any legal aid if receiving disability benefits? ( Just rated you 5 stars) .

A solicitor would charge about a grand for a case such as this and there would not be legal aid Im afraid.