Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My car was stolen outside of my house on the 29/5/19, it was

My car was stolen outside of my house on the 29/5/19, it was later found the end of September 19. The insurance company ERS have been horrible making all sorts of allegations and asking me to answer questions after questions. They paid two accessor companies who both confirmed that the car was a write off, but they are still looking for any loop holes not to pay out. Please check out the reviews on ERS insurance, if I had before going with this company, I definitely would not have gone with them. They have sent me the following questions to answer to return to them, I’m concern and don’t know if I should answer them, I don’t understand what some of the questions have to with them. They are also cancelling my car insurance on the 17/1019, before the issue of my car has been resolved. I’m not a solicitor, they have their on experts and solicitors and I feel overwhelmed by the hole situation.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry sent before I finished.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: These are the questions they want answering.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are currently in the process of validating the claim for the theft of vehicle registration BD63UKB. In order to assist in this, we would like some clarification regarding the use of the vehicle.Please confirm, in relation to vehicle registration BD63UKB:- Who owned the vehicle at the time of the theft.
- Who has been the main driver of the vehicle since it has been kept at 8 Lovel Terrace.
- What the vehicle has been used for since it has been kept at 8 Lovel Terrace.
- Who used the vehicle to commute to work, where this place of work is situated and how many days a week the vehicle was used to commute to that location.Please also confirm, for the period prior to the theft of vehicle registration BD63UKB:- The details of all vehicles kept at 8 Lovel Terrace and who is insured to drive them.
- The full details of the vehicle you personally use to commute to work.
- How many days a week you commute to work.
- The location of your place or work.
- The full details of any car sharing arrangement.Please also confirm who pays the finance for the vehicle and provide proof of movement of funds for these payments.Please please can you help me. Mrs Pamela Tran I live in Widnes WA8 8TT.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Myself and my son both had a telephone interview. They then sent me an email with questions that had to be answered within seven days, which I sent. I waited to hear from them. After a while I phoned them, got no answers other than it was with the underwriter. Every time I phoned it was as if they were scrutinising everything I said to
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
them for any loop hole to use.
It got that bad that I ok it for my daughter to speak to them.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I need someone to tell me what I should do next. Preferably a solicitor who would deal directly with ERS on my behalf. I don’t understand the law and what the insurance company are trying to do to not pay out the claim. But going by their reviews, they try anything.

You need to write and make a complaint. Do not call and do not email them.

Their address is:

21 Lombard St, London EC3V 9AH

They will investigate the matter and report back to you.

If they do not uphold the complaint then you can go to the Financial Ombudsman.

They offer a free, independent service who can examine your complaint for free at:

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

That should resolve the matter for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
In regards to the email of questions they sent me, should I not reply to them? Also what about the fact that they are cancelling my car insurance on 17/10/19?

The first set yes, but not the 2nd.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes. Thank you.

Pleasure