Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

How do i find a lawyer who will take a class action against

How do i find a lawyer who will take a class action against a government department which has failed to put right consumer product protection law that it itself has proven doesn't work, thereby in effect poisoning just about every home in the UK?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: UK. And the law is the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988. I used to be the lead official on these regulations and helped to prove in 2014 that they don't work.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Whistle-blowing case. Also helped to set up a select committee inquiry which a few months ago agreed with my findings. However, the government is failing to act to put the law right and has just announced that in effect it's going to keep stalling for years to come.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The governments' own lawyers were/are terrified of legal action because they do not have a defence.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

I can tell you where you can get a public access Barrister to draft pleadings and represent you in Court, if that helps?
It would be cheaper than a Solicitor.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thanks. I'm not sure of the best route, so would need advice. Government lawyers were/are terrified of a judicial review. But I think class action under the Consumer Protection Act is also a possibility.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No thanks on the call.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
If you can find a Barrister who specialises in regulatory consumer law, that would be helpful. Or can I do it myself via the directory on the Bar Council's site.

www.clerksroomdirect.com

They have specialist lawyers.
You have 2 choices:

1) sue for breach of Consumer law, or

2) Judicial Review

JR can be expensive as you have to make an application to the High Court.

But try ClerksroomDirect - they will have a number of Barristers who can assist you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.