12826847

Can you be found guilty if there is no evidence, Surrey uk,

Can you be found guilty if there is no evidence
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Surrey uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My son has been convicted for sexual misconduct
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There were many people on the side of the person who put the complaint forward but none of his family,myself my wife and his eldest child have been in the witness box

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

People are not usually found guilty if there is no evidence but there will be evidence.

If the complainant gave evidence then that is evidence.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No one saw anything happening its been 5 against 1 so what I'm saying is why cant we be witnesses for him

You really don't need a phone call and it will rack up costs.

If there is a complainant who says this did happen then I'm afraid the jury just believed her and not him.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Even though there were no witnesses to say they saw it happen
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Why are you not answering my questions?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
So so far this has cost me £49 and as I expected everyone believes her over him ,that's typical of everyone in today's society, thanks

You have actually been waiting less than 10 mins.

This is not a chat service.

I am not going to be able to tell you that you can appeal on the basis that you are not happy with the verdict.

She made an allegation. Jurors are entitled to believe that. Otherwise there would be no point in prosecuting.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok so no phone call no £44 charge then

Please can you read our exchange above. You will find comment upon this at 03.08 to which you responded.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok many thanks

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I'll rate your answer and apologise for being very grumpy as you can imagine I'm very upset, once again sorry .

No problem. I understand.

Some of these prosecutions are ridiculous.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have refused to pay for the phone call which I didn't have so I'm prepared to pay the£5 fee required but not the£44 you want for a call that never happened

You shouldn't be charged for the phone call as it wasn't made.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Well I was all at the cost of nearly£ 50 in total