How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6668
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am an italian citizen who have lived in the UK since 2013,

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am an italian citizen who have lived in the UK since 2013, however I don’t have 5 years of tax paid. Can I still apply for settled based in my residence here or it depends on the 5 years of tax paying?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in the UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I was granted the Pre settled months ago, but now I have completed 5 years living in the uk I would like to apply to Settled
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No- that’s all



Yes, you may go ahead and apply for settled status.


You do not need to have been working through out your stay, you may have been a job seeker which also qualifies.


All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you