How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15060
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I received letter from the Scottish legal aid saying that my

This answer was rated:

Hi I received letter from the Scottish legal aid saying that my wife applying for legal aid for divorce but she told them lies a bout the time we been separated. We only been separated for 16 months but she told them we separated for moor than 2 years now. And I can proof it .
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet I only received letter from the legal aid people yastrday
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Scotland
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. You can object to your wife's legal aid application within fourteen days of the letter. You should write a letter and give the legal aid board the evidence you have. If the evidence is good they will refuse the application. If you have already seen a solicitor get him to do the letter. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much