How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35989
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My daughters partner (unmarried) has told her he doesn’t

This answer was rated:

My daughters partner (unmarried) has told her he doesn’t want to be with her anymore my daughter came to stay a few days with me and her dad with her two daughters her partner is demanding he wants the children home (without my daughter) and has admitted to taking the children’s passports and my daughters she’s totally petrified he will try and seize the children and take them to Sweden where he has dual citizenship x
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No not yet x but he’s acting very strange and Clair’s frightened he seems mentally unstable he even frightened my husband when he tried to talk to him x their threatening Clair with all this legal stuff and she thinks she’s going to lose her girls x
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: He lives in York a village called wheldrake x
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has ADHD quite badly takes a controlled drug for this x he also has a lot of knives at home x

Where are the children presently?

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The children and my daughter are staying with me (her mum) and her dad x
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you x

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I can call tomorrow to discuss but let me tell you this now. You can apply to the court for a child arrangements order and a prohibited steps order. The first confirms with whom the children live and the second would prevent the children from being removed from the jurisdiction of England and Wales. It is an application which can be made straight away.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I do this? Apply to the court? Cc

Yes on a form C100. I have also attached a link to a great book which explains the procedure -

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where can I get this form is it available on line?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don’t worry about the phone call tomorrow I thought the 5.00 fee was because of that I’ve just realised it’s another extra fee x