ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My daughters partner (unmarried) has told her he doesn’t

My daughters partner (unmarried) has told her he doesn’t want to be with her anymore my daughter came to stay a few days with me and her dad with her two daughters her partner is demanding he wants the children home (without my daughter) and has admitted to taking the children’s passports and my daughters she’s totally petrified he will try and seize the children and take them to Sweden where he has dual citizenship x
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No not yet x but he’s acting very strange and Clair’s frightened he seems mentally unstable he even frightened my husband when he tried to talk to him x their threatening Clair with all this legal stuff and she thinks she’s going to lose her girls x
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: He lives in York a village called wheldrake x
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has ADHD quite badly takes a controlled drug for this x he also has a lot of knives at home x

Where are the children presently?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The children and my daughter are staying with me (her mum) and her dad x
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you x

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I can call tomorrow to discuss but let me tell you this now. You can apply to the court for a child arrangements order and a prohibited steps order. The first confirms with whom the children live and the second would prevent the children from being removed from the jurisdiction of England and Wales. It is an application which can be made straight away.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do I do this? Apply to the court? Cc

Yes on a form C100. I have also attached a link to a great book which explains the procedure - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where can I get this form is it available on line?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Don’t worry about the phone call tomorrow I thought the 5.00 fee was because of that I’ve just realised it’s another extra fee x

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge