ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My wife seperated from me on our anniversary and has

Hi my wife seperated from me on our anniversary and has admitted sleeping with someone within a month? Am I right in assuming this is adultery even if she denies the conversation took place?
Assistant: What steps has your wife taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet she wants me to agree to a consent order and give me 40k I would be due 100k from our equity
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your wife live in?
Customer: We still live in the same house in welling kent
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Yes this would count as adultery for the purpose of divorce. You do not have to agree the offer she has made and can continue to negotiate or threaten to take the matter to court. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have suggested 40k now and the rest of the equity when my youngest turns 18 would this make sense

That type of arrangement is not uncommon for divorcing couples, depending of course on the equity.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But she is adamant I won't see a penny till my youngest is 18 if I go the route I suggested she wants to have me removed from the house can she do this if I've done nothing? And can she make me wait till they are 18?

It really is a matter of negotiation and just because she says it doesn't make it true.