Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My friend daughter was removed from our dance club. The

Hi my friend daughter was removed from our dance club. The mother asked me to send a message to other mothers in the club to let them know because she was too distraught. The dance club is saying the child wasnt removed from the club and are now threatening me with slander. I only sent the message as I was asked to. Where do I stand?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The mother of the dance teacher told me to send the mothers I messaged a message today telling them the child wasnt removed and I should have checked with them first or else they would sue me. I went ahead and sent the message to them telling them this
Customer: The mother of the dance teacher told me to send the mothers I messaged a message today telling them the child wasnt removed and I should have checked with them first or else they would sue me. I went ahead and sent the message to them telling them this
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This is the message I sent to the mothers

Danielle has asked me to let u no Marianne has removed eimear from the club she is absolutely heartbroken and not in a good place at all and doesnt have the strength to contact u all at the minute but wanted u to no ��
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
And the one they told me to send today

I want to apologise for the msg I sent regarding eimear being put out of the club. I now realise I should have spoke with Marianne first to clarify what I was told before taking it for granted that what I was told to tell you actually was what happened. Having spoken with brigid and marianne, the way it was told to me wasnt the truth and I want you to know this.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I dont think I have done anything wrong but I am being threatened with being sued for slander
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do they have a case
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
R u there

No, you haven't done anything wrong.

If you had called them thieves or a rapist then you would be in trouble.

But on the basis of what you have said, then I don't think you have anything to worry about

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.