How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36005
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I want to divorce Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have

This answer was rated:

Hi i want to divorce
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No i just wa t to know how will afect us and what changes will be till the divorce will be finish
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes wy whife is dyagnose with epilepsy and i want to know who will stai with the children is 5 years old till de divorece is finish

Can you explain your question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to know who will stai with the child till de divorce its finish my whive is dyagnose with epylepsi

who is the primary carer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do you mean primary carer

who mostly looks after the child?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We are both take care of her

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The child would usually stay with both of you at different times if that is close to the arrangement that you have at the moment - on a shared care arrangement. The court's priority is to see that the child is being well cared for and that there are no safeguarding concerns. As such something similar to the current arrangement would be what the could would be looking for. I have attached a link to a great book which explains the court process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have to stay separate till the divorce its finish my wife has epilepsy the doctor recommended to take pills she refuse and is driving aswell and i am whorried

Well if she is breaching the advice of the doctor you could apply to the court for a child arrangements order to either (a) ensure that she takes the medication or (b) for the child to live with you and have contact with mother. The key from the court's perspective is to ensure that there are no safeguarding concerns - if the medication is not being taken then that is a safeguarding concern. Again, the book should help. Please rate 5 stars.

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have to stay separate till the divorce its finish we are stayng both in rent