12826847

I am wondering how soon i can file for divorce and how does

Customer Question

i am wondering how soon i can file for divorce and how long does it usually take. Is there a cheap option if we are agreeable on joint custody of our child but we have irreplaceable differences. No abuse, infidelity etc...just grew apart? Does this make sense
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No nothing. I am struggling as it wasnt what i wanted but i need closure to move on with my life...not sure what to do
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: UK Nottingham
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really ...we do not have a house... no assets/savings.. just our precious boy who needs both parents in his life.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have you started divorce proceedings yet? Do you have an agreement regarding sharing care of your child?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous, particularly as it is the weekend.

I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No it’s all been verbal between myself and my husband. We both have our sons best interest at heart. We want shared custody and that’s what we have been doing for 6 months. I just want closure for me :(
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

So how can I help you with this today?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 5 days ago.

Do you still require assistance with this?