UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

Can a British lawyer work for someone out of the eu let’s

Customer Question

Can a British lawyer work for someone out of the eu let’s say Canada
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 7 months ago.

Yes. It is possible although not as black and white. Is the lawyer qualified in that jurisdiction? Does he work for a firm that has offices in that jurisdiction? The area of law etc. But it is certainly possible.

Please take a moment to provide a positive rating for my response, thank you. John.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I’m not sure the lawyer is slater and gorden
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hello, yes it is difficult to say, unless the criteria above applies. As stated it is possible. Slater and Gordon do not have an office in Canada that I am aware of, however the particular lawyer dealing may be dual qualified. Without knowing the details it is difficult to say but generally lawyers cannot practice or hold a licence in another jurisdiction without the relevant qualifications. It is different to say, medicine which can be practiced anywhere.

I hope this helps. John