UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

Can a British lawyer work for someone out of the eu let’s

Customer Question

Can a British lawyer work for someone out of the eu let’s say Canada
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 12 days ago.

Yes. It is possible although not as black and white. Is the lawyer qualified in that jurisdiction? Does he work for a firm that has offices in that jurisdiction? The area of law etc. But it is certainly possible.

Please take a moment to provide a positive rating for my response, thank you. John.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m not sure the lawyer is slater and gorden
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
??

Hello, yes it is difficult to say, unless the criteria above applies. As stated it is possible. Slater and Gordon do not have an office in Canada that I am aware of, however the particular lawyer dealing may be dual qualified. Without knowing the details it is difficult to say but generally lawyers cannot practice or hold a licence in another jurisdiction without the relevant qualifications. It is different to say, medicine which can be practiced anywhere.

I hope this helps. John