UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I'm a British Citizen living in the UK. I have a Filipina

Customer Question

HiI'm a British Citizen living in the UK. I have a Filipina Fiance living in the Philippines.Recently, we ended up having cyber sex over a videochat on facebook messenger. I was here in the UK and she was there in the philippines when this happened.There was some nudity and showing of genitals involved.I recently discovered that it's illegal to have cybersex in Philippines. I didn't know this at the time.I'm supposed to fly out there tonight and I'm worried I could face prosecution for this if it was ever found out (by someone telling or hacking). But, I'm also wondering if that's possible due to the fact I was in the UK when it took place, and I'm also a British citizen.Please help, as I'm about to cancel my flight out there this evening.RegardsRich
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

Hello Rich,

The best placed person to advise you if a Filipino lawyer as your question is on Filipino law.

However, your concerns are valid and if in doubt, I would advise you not to travel to that country until you have taken proper legal advice on the local laws of that country as the last thing you want is getting locked up in a foreign country.

May I help further?