Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was caught up in a scam in 2004. the company based in hong

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** was caught up in a scam in 2004. the company based in hong kong. i felt more secured because all the money i paid them through uk banks, such as hsbc, nation wide, and deutch bank.i have all the payment slips .can you advise please. thanks
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: have all the correspondence. tried to call them but the fone number disappear.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

I am not with you, who do you want to sue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
At this stage am asking your advice regarding the money paid to the banks in which I trusted the company is genuinely. Do I have a case to request from the bank to pay back my money?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

No. You had 6 years to bring a claim from 2004.

As such any claim needed to be brought by 2010.

Therefore I am sorry to say your claim is statue barred under the Limitation act 1980.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.