How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6943
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I raised a grievance in September regarding constructive

Customer Question

I raised a grievance in September regarding constructive dismissal and bullying and harassment leading up my resignation and afterwards after I had left the organisation in August 2019. I am also out of pocket to the value of £970.00 in unpaid expenses. I raised a grievance to sort this out but the organisation is deliberately delaying looking at this and I'm running out of time to raise a tribunal case. I want to know if I have a case or can use a solicitor to reach an agreement, what options do I have?
JA: Have you discussed harassment at work with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I discussed it with HR who directed me to make the grievance, but not a lawyer yet.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I was an employee, but didn't belong to a union.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I believe the treatment may have been racially motivated as no one else has been subjected to this type of treatment and the delays in them responding to this is that in the complaint I've asked for comparable data on similar employees regarding my treatment.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.


You should lodge your claim with the employment tribunal before you are time barred.

If you have not gotten in touch with ACAS, you should contact them and inform them of the grievance and the fact that you wish to file a claim at a tribunal.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to know what the merits of the case are and its chances of success?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.

Why did you resign and how long were you employed for?