JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Assistant: How can I help? I have a contract I would like

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a contract I would like reviewing
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Would that be free? the UK
Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: reciecved and read the contract
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: but I don’t understand it all

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you this evening.

What would you like to know about the contract?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Basically if I’m being screwed or not
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I know I’m responsible for all the funds etc
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But I want to know if I’m anyway the contract is very biased towards them I.e they can take all my money at a certain point
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do you have a personal email I can send it too
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It’s just it’s on my computer and I’m logged in on my phone

If you want to email it, the address is [email protected]

It may not reach me until tomorrow though. You may prefer to upload it when you're back at your computer.
I am around tomorrow if that helps

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I do need help instantly however
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can login to my computer

OK, whilst I am happy to help, I cannot tell you anything about the contract nor answer any questions about it until I see it as you can appreciate

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
im now on my computer
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
how is the fastest way i can get it too you

I have uploaded the link to show you how to upload the contract to this site.

If you can do that and please outline your concerns/questions

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i have uploaded it
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i know i am liable if anything goes wrong etc - i would like to know if in anyway FALKON can claim all my money - more than the 30% cut that they shall recieve

Thanks, I will take a look

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
il wait here on the messaging service for a response - also please notify me if anything seems suspiciouslly bias in favour of FALKON

These companies always arouse suspicion unfortunately - it doesn't help that this company is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, so if something does go wrong (they take your money, etc) you have no comeback.

I will have a look in to this now though and give you my further thoughts

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i do trust them, and have used their services for the past year, they also dont have acess to withdrawing nor depositing funds on the account , correct?

I have looked in to this further and the 30% cut for them is their compensation under the agreement - which is the main issue here - they talk about a high water mark figure.

Apart from that the contract looks pretty standard with no red flags as such - but I am not clear about the high water mark figure they are referring to (I am not a Forex trader). It seems to say that the water mark figure has to be breached before you will be billed.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you can you hold this line 2 mins whilst i talk to the contractor

Yes

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
the high water mark figure is that i wont be billed 30% of profits until the account reaches 15k as we agreed
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
nothing else dodgy? everything seem fair?

OK, they cannot be paid until you reach that figure then.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
everything else seem fair?

Just one thing - the contract as a whole - it doesn't say whether any dispute would be under US or UK law. I presume UK law as any dispute over jurisdiction should be resolved in your favour

But yes, the other terms seem to be fine in my view and nothing untoward.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
they say the contract works under all laws

OK, like I say, if there was any dispute you could ask a UK civil court to interpret the agreement and resolve any dispute.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
nice one mate many thanks

No problem, if you could please rate 5 stars for the answer I would be grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim

Many thanks,

Jim