SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I work in the public sector (a school teacher) and it

Customer Question

I work in the public sector (a school teacher) and it appears that l
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I work in the public sector (a teacher) and it appears that I am being targeted by a small group of individuals. I need to obtain CCTV footage of an area ure
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Urgently between the times 10.00 am and 12.00 pm from Sat 19th Nov. I know that there is a 30 day window period.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have reported this to the Police on numerous occasions but they will not act until they have video evidrnce.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

Just to clarify do you need to know how to obtain CCTV footage which captured you in the footage at the times in question?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello. The footage required is that which will show the perpetrators gathering outside a location in an attempt to intimidate. I was at a nearby friend's house and the "group" take it in terms to wait patiently in the location. I may add no threats are made; nor are words exchanged. This is a hate crime.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I know how to ask for CCTV but I will not necessarily be in the footage, which makes this more difficult to obtain. I need to demonstrate that the individuals were present at that time and loitering in the area for no other reason. this is a hate crime on the grounds of race and sexuality and has been occurring for 4 years or so.

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately I cannot assist you with your query and therefore I will opt out.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 16 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry. There will be need to show the direct interest you have in the information on the CCTV footage and how it affects your rights. You would not be able to secure the copy if your are not directly affected by the content on the footage. Is it your friend that you feel is affected by the group's loitering and gathering in the specific area?