How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6268
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Marrying a Vietnamese citizen in Vietnam.. please advise on

Customer Question

Marrying a Vietnamese citizen in Vietnam.. please advise on documents needed for this process
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: I am waiting for paperwork from my doctors surgery and also from the registrar
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet, not sure who would deal with this
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure what information they would need
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have already submitted documents for signing to the doctor and the registrar but I am not sure where to go from here.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 14 days ago.



Once you are in Vietnam, you need to make an appointment at the British Embassy in Hanoi or British Consulate in Ho Chi Minh to swear an affidavit: See additional information here:


All the best. Please click on 5 stars