Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

A British born citizen I am married to a South African woman

Customer Question

Good day. My name is***** a British born citizen I am married to a South African woman Roberta Jean Michele Peters .i have told the Marriage curtailment team that i am no longer her sponsor and not living together since November last year .She was apprehended at Heathrow about 6 weeks ago and was returning from a visit to her sister in America.since then I have written many times to the Marriage curtailment team and they keep telling me that because of the Date Protection i cannot get information if she is ,or has been deported .I am suffering mentally and physically,due to the stress she has put me under .
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am British born and ex Royal Navy serviceman ,i have told Marriage curtailment team everything thing about this scam marriage
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?
Customer: No because i am a pensioner and cannot afford a lawyer again
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All i want is to find out if she is going to be deported ,she has more rights than me and I think she has got legal aid or someone has paid for a lawyer for her . again I cannot afford a mainstream lawyer ,just trying to find out when and if she is to be deported so i can move on with my life
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 17 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm how do you know she has legal representation?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes I believe she has as the church warden from All Saints Church New Eltham organised it not sure if it legal aid or private
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 16 days ago.
Ok I understand. You will need to find the nearest court and check their daily lists to see if she is scheduled for a hearing. You can find daily court lists here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-and-asylum-daily-court-lists
Otherwise you will need to find a solicitor in your area to represent you and explain you are in fear. You might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending a LawWorks Clinic. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website: https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-advice-individuals/find-legal-advice-clinic-near-you
You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau ( For more information please visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/) or Personal Support Unit for advice about a legal problem (For more information please visit: https://www.thepsu.org/).
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please unsubscribe me and do not bill me for anymore advice from your company .
thank you Dennis Bickerton

Hi, thank you for your message. If you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen. You will need to contact customer services to unsubscribe.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How do I contact your company to unsubscribe
Sorry I only answer questions on the law. There should be information about this in your account.