Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We have £4500.00 in a barclays closed bank account that we

Customer Question

we have £4500.00 in a barclays closed bank account that we have been trying to get back and are not getting anywhere with the bank.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are a conservative club in Stockport, greater Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We had to do a change of names mandate. this was done twice. 3 of the committee then attended the bank with ID and the manager checked passports ect. This was passed on but nothing came of it. We contacted the bank again and another appointment was made with a different branch.The 3 of us again went down with ID wich was checked and verified with the manager. we then received a letter asking for proof of the business as we were not registered at Company House ( we are registered but under Industrial and Providence Society) our accountant has written to them verifying who we are but we have had no response.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This matter has been ongoing for over 4 years
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, I advise that your best course of action would be to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who can investigate and take action as needed to ensure the retrieval of the funds. They can be contacted here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact-us/complain-online

I hope this helps and would appreciate if you could rate me 5 stars in the top right of your screen and then Just Answer will credit me for my time.