12826847

I have a problem with an Electric Start Petrol Lawn Mower. I

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a problem with an Electric Start Petrol Lawn Mower. I bought it from Tyson Mowers Leicester on May 16th 2017. It had a two year warranty but has had the same problem from day three of purchase, The Electric starter won"t work. It had been back 6 times in the two years but still it has stopped again. This was back in June. It has a pull start but I have only full use of one arm so am unable to use this facility. It will start using this method,but you can see why I have to have the electric start on the mower. The Cobra machine hasn"t even done 50 hours work. It has spent more time at the repair shop and in my shed doing nothing. I sent a recorded delivered letter to Simon (owner of Tyson Mowers) last Monday two weeks ago. I have constantly been in touch with him and Cobra but now they are completely ignoring me. I have asked for my money back less £50. and for them to arrange collection. But as I have said no reply. I hope you can help with this. My son put his battery meter tester on the battery and we couldn"t believe that a 12v battery (with no charge going into it was reading 18v and rising to 19.98.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I have sent you the message above. Sorry I didn"t see this box Rosemarie
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have had it repaired under the guarantee 7 times. 6 for the none starting with the Electric start button and once at their cost for a broken cable. It went wrong three days into my purchase. I have constantly contacted Simon of Tyson Mowers who sold it to me on line and also Cobra the makers of the machine. I have nearly a quarter acre of lawns and prior to this mower I had a little electric one which worked no problem,it was the wires that bothered me and as I have only full use of one arm and at 68yrs young felt this might be a little dangerous. I have now had to buy another electric one so am back where I started
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes as he has ignored my letter posted 15 days ago recorded delivery asking for a full refund less £50 and writing to Cobra via e-mail what can I do. I am at my wits end with this. He won"t even answer the phone. He used to until I requested my money back and he collects the mower so I can go out and buy another one
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

When was the first time you took it back?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: