How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16616
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have filed for bankruptcy as advised by step change after

This answer was rated:

i have filed for bankruptcy as advised by step change after paying £90 per month for 5 years and not getting anywhere and contacting various organisations since and going round in circles i need to pay the £680 for the bankruptcy to go through, i saved the
JA: Where is this? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: not official on line until the £680 is paid through the government on line site whom i have given all the information inc my debtor
JA: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?
Customer: nothing in civil court no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to ask about this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
mainly is there a grant of any kind or any way i can borrow the moneys for bankruptcy and pay through a direct debit at my bank as been 6 months trying to get the money together

For the court fee you mean of £680?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

You won’t be able to get a loan for it, as that would be included in bankruptcy. You can ask the CAB if they can fund it for you.

Your other choice is to stop all payments and let a credit or bankrupt you.

There is also guidance here.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanky you for your input it was helpful will go to citizens advice today plus a creditor making me bankrupt might be better as taking a long time yours john

Pleasure. Can I assist with anything else today?

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not agreed to become a member to just answer and you have taken £40 from my account please refund the £40 and cancel any further bank withdrawals from my account as I am now bankrupt and need the moneys. Yours John cole