Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am looking at an employer contract and I have an issue

hi! I am looking at an employer contract and I have an issue regarding copyrights and inventions in the event I start something of my own whilst working for the company?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I spoke to a friend of mine (a lawyer) regarding one part of the contract. the other which I had mentioned, he advised me to talk to a lawyer
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: incoming employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to be sure that anything that I do on my own time, outside of the company, they would not have a right to
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
sure, thanks!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
would calling be better than text?

Please upload a copy of the contract on here so that I can take a look at it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
there

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. These clauses only provide rights to the employer over anything created by you if it was done in company time and/or using their resources. So it would include anything which you created during your work for them, either in work or whilst carrying out any duties for them. It will not cover things you have created entirely in your own time, when you were not carrying out any company-related duties or using company resources.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
yes. thank you!

All the best