Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have signed an agreement with The Blue Rooms but have not

Customer Question

I have signed an agreement with The Blue Rooms but have not received anything. Am I still legally bound to pay?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Wiltshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have paid £360 and told them I'm willing to forfeit that amount but don't want to go ahead with the company. I haven't actually received anything from them apart from a meeting which lasted approximately an hour and they took some photos of my twin sons.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

When did you sign the agreement?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
July 7th 2019
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. You would no longer have any automatic right to a cooling off period and now you would be entirely bound by the cancellation terms in the agreement, If there was no provision allowing you to cancel, then you would not be able to do so. Therefore, if you were to cancel the agreement and not proceed with it you would technically be acting in breach of contract. In that case the company could potentially pursue you for losses arising out of their breach. Whilst you would no longer receive a service and they won’t be spending money on materials, time, etc they have still lost their profit margins on this sale and that is what they could go after you for. That is the risk you run if you were to cancel now without having the contractual right to do so.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you