JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

We are a small business with fewer than 10 employees and we

Customer Question

Hi there, We are a small business with fewer than 10 employees and we recently lodged a complaint with Ofcom about our telecoms contract with 4Com. Among other things, the amounts charged over the two years so far have not matched / exceeded the contract quote. Despite evidence (bills and a copy of the contract) showing this, Ofcom has rejected our claim. Is there a way to legally terminate the contract as we believe the supplier has breached terms? Appreciate any feedback, we really want to move to a more reasonable and ethical service provider. Kind regards, ***** ***** Ops Manager, Be Gemwater Ltd
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Malvern, Worcestershire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: As per my first mail, we have gone through an Ofcom complaint procedure requesting that we be released from the contract, which they have rejected.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it, thanks!
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Just to clarify - you are saying that 4Com have charged you more than what was agreed in the contract?. So in effect they are in breach of contract?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Jim. Thanks-you and yes, that is correct.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, I wasn't looking for a paid appointment - just an indication of whether it is possible to challenge a telecom contract if the bills have not matched the quote in the contract. Thanks.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 10 days ago.

It would be possible to challenge it yes as the contract says one thing but the telecoms company is charging something else. I am not clear why Ofcom rejected the claim though?