Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I bought a product in Argos store for £899 Assistant: Where

Hi, I bought a product in Argos store for £899
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: And they send me another for the price of £300 totally different
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I try to talk with them , in a live chat
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

When did you buy it and are you able to return it?

and was it online or in-store?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

please provide the information requested

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I bought it in a online store
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Argos website

When did you buy it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The thing is, that I bought a electric bike for the price of £899 and I have receive a imitation, but I was lucky because I remove the sticker, discovering the name of another bike on it !
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I search for that name, and is worth £300...
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Was last 30th November, and just receive it today
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What should I do?

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. When a consumer makes a purchase from a business seller, they have certain 'statutory' rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that the goods must be:

{C}· of satisfactory quality – they must not be faulty or damaged when received

{C}· as described – they must match any description given at the time of purchase

{C}· fit for purpose – they should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for

If they do not meet the above requirements, you will have certain legal remedies against the seller.

The rights against the seller are:

1. Reject the goods and request a refund – this is known as the ‘short-term right to reject’ and must be done within 30 days of purchase or delivery.

2. Repair or replacement – this can be done within the initial 30 days, or after that if the consumer can no longer reject the goods for a refund. Alternatively, if the consumer wants to keep them, they can ask for a price reduction, based on what is wrong with them.

Once a decision has been made on which option you would pursue, you must contact the seller and advise them. If they refuse to discharge their legal obligations under consumer laws, you should remind them of these as per the details above. If they still appear reluctant to assist, write to them one final time, warn them that they have 7 days to comply and inform them that if they fail to honour your statutory rights, you will have no choice but to report them to Trading Standards and start legal proceedings through the County Court to seek compensation.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes thank you

All the best