UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I need help. I want to get out of a contract with. I went a

Customer Question

Hi. I need help. I want to get out of a contract with Virgin. I went a few days over my trial period because of moving. When I watched the tv properly, I have nothing but repeats and programs that were made in the 70s & 80s. I asked for a cheap package but this is ridiculous. I feel like I’ve been mis sold, when asked what I like to watch I said American crime series & documentaries, all I get is repeats of old programs. Plus I had to be without anything for a few days because there was a technical fault. It’s cost me a lot to keep mal
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry finger touched wrong key. It has cost me a lot of money keep phoning them. I’m so fed up that they expect me to pay £36 per month for all this rubbish. HELP
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I thought I should seek advice first. They want to charge me £249 to end this early
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am a pensioner on Pension Credit which I told them when I joined virgin. I did ask for their cheaper bundle, but I did not expect this.
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 10 days ago.

Hello unfortunately to get out of a contract you need to agreement of the other party or to pay the balance of the contract in full. If you feel you are not getting the channels you want, you can request to be transferred over to the correct package even though you’re still in contract. Telecommunication companies value their customers and they should accommodate this.
I hope I have been useful please take a moment to provide a positive rating and let me know if I can clarify anything for you. John.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 9 days ago.

Hello do you still need assistance