How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6936
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I’m an occupational therapist and have just been removed

Customer Question

Hi. I’m an occupational therapist and have just been removed from the HCPC Register. This means that I am no longer allowed to practice. My only error was forgetting to change my home address. It meant that I could not get an access code that I needed to complete the online registration form to retain my membership. I phoned and emailed numerous times between 21/10 and the cut off date of 31/10, but despite an acknowledgement of receipt of my emails no one answered the phone and no one replied to help me access the form. On 31/10 I then received an email notification that I have been removed. I have continued to try to contact them but with no luck. As an organisation that I pay to be a member of I thought that they were supposed to help and support medical staff not ignore us. Is there anything legally that could be done? Many thanks Daryl
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Im in London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve emailed and called again but no response
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.


Sorry to hear this.

Have you contacted the Service and Complaints Manager?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How should I go about that? I can’t get through to them at all. Sorry if I’ve missed something
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.

I would in that case advise you to complain about this to this person:

Service and Complaints Manager
The Health and Care Professions Council
Park House, 184-186 Kennington Park Road
London, SE11 4BU

Tel: +44(0)20 7840 9708

Please click on 5 stars and good luck

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don’t worry about call for now. I’ll wait one more day to see if I get a response from the council. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cancel call please
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.

I will not call.

Please leave a positive rating for the answer given.

Good luck