Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a question concerning parental responsibility. I am

good evening, i have a question concerning parental responsibility. I am getting a divorvce in the uk (We got married in Poland 10 years ago, but have been living in the Uk for the last 5 years) The child concerned is my huband's biological child, who was born as the result of my husband infidelity in the course of our marriage. i took the child in and have been bringing her up along with my husband since she was born. In the child's eyes i am her mum, the only one she knows. However, my husband is her only legal parent, i have no rights. I would like to fight for parental responsilility, but i have been told, they need a document confirming that her biological mother was stripped off her parental rights by the court in Poland, which i cannot apply for (only my husband can do it) Is it possible to get the parental responsibility without this document?
Hi thank you for your message, were you named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
unfortunately not, as i did not give birth to the child
Hi thank you for your message, you will now need to get a parental responsibility agreement if your ex would agree do you think they would?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
he does not want to give it to me in writing. i have attended a mediation assessement meeting, he was invited but ignored that invitation.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
is there another way to obtain the parental responsibility if he does not agree? i am a good mother he know that but he wants to have full control
Hi thank you for your message, it would be very difficult. The only option would be something like adoption which is almost certainly not going to happen sadly without his permission.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
but is there another way to get the parental responsibility without my ex husband permission or the document stating that her biological mum has no parental rights? if yes, how can i obtain it?
Hi thank you for your message, normally you could go to court and show you are the parent but this is for dads proving paternity. As mentioned you could try to make an application for adoption. As you will be aware this is an unusual situation and you will need a specialist family lawyer to advise you further and represent you therefore, I recommend you use the law society find a solicitor search to find one near you. The search option is here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case family. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.