Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am just researching how to go about having my solicitors

Hi I am just researching how to go about having my solicitors costs assessed. They are suing me for unpaid costs but I would liike have them all assessed?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ~United Kingdom are you in America
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far just been advised that I should but not sure where to start
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You either apply to the Senior Costs Office in London or your local County Court.

You can complete form N208:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n208-claim-form-cpr-part-8

Send it to Court and ask for costs to be assessed.

The Court will list it for a hearing

For more information please see:

https://www.gov.uk/challenge-solicitors-bill

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.