Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I’ve just discovered that I have hep. I’m 55 and have been

Customer Question

Hi. I’ve just discovered that I have hep b. I’m 55 and have been divorced for 10 years. I must have got it from my ex. Do I have a case to take him to court. Pat.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: n ireland.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just I also have myosotis which can harm my liver as well.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, if you consider that he know that he had hepatitis and that he deliberately infected you then this is a criminal offence and the matter can be reported to the police. In terms of a civil case, you might be able to bring a claim on the basis he deliberately infected you but you will need a specialist personal injury lawyer and this would be both difficult and potentially expensive to pursue. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.