Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I’ve just discovered that I have hep. I’m 55 and have been

Customer Question

Hi. I’ve just discovered that I have hep b. I’m 55 and have been divorced for 10 years. I must have got it from my ex. Do I have a case to take him to court. Pat.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: n ireland.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just I also have myosotis which can harm my liver as well.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, if you consider that he know that he had hepatitis and that he deliberately infected you then this is a criminal offence and the matter can be reported to the police. In terms of a civil case, you might be able to bring a claim on the basis he deliberately infected you but you will need a specialist personal injury lawyer and this would be both difficult and potentially expensive to pursue. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.