How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4685
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I’ve just discovered that I have hep. I’m 55 and have been

Customer Question

Hi. I’ve just discovered that I have hep b. I’m 55 and have been divorced for 10 years. I must have got it from my ex. Do I have a case to take him to court. Pat.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: n ireland.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just I also have myosotis which can harm my liver as well.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, if you consider that he know that he had hepatitis and that he deliberately infected you then this is a criminal offence and the matter can be reported to the police. In terms of a civil case, you might be able to bring a claim on the basis he deliberately infected you but you will need a specialist personal injury lawyer and this would be both difficult and potentially expensive to pursue. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.