12826847

Payment for hours worked, no, Employees, no

Customer Question

Payment for hours worked
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Employees
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
To whom it may concern at Just Answer:

I am currently working for an agency at a flat rate of £8.75 per hour. I am paid for the hours I work on site, however I am also a driver, and I am NOT paid for the hours I spend picking up, dropping off and generally transporting workers to and from locations. The average time I spend driving workers to and from work site locations on average is around 15-18 hours per week.

My question is simply, is either my employer responsible for this shortfall or can I claim it back from the HMRC?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Are you below the minimum wage considering all the hours you do?