How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1328
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

There is planned council housing development which could

This answer was rated:

Hello, there is planned council housing development which could affect the house we have just purchased.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sutton Coldfield
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: residents have lodged an appeal I think. A neighbour has given us the paperwork. Planning permission was granted subject to conditions
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are the property right next to the proposed site and it is us it will impact most. We just need some advice on how to lodge an appeal and to make the best case
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone else about this situation?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven’t spoken to anyone else from a legal standpoint no.

Hi, thank you for your message. To make the best case I would recommend that you contact any groups who may be sympathetic to your point of view, such as the parish council, amenity societies, wildlife trusts, influential individuals and councillors. Let them know about the decision to appeal, and gather as much new information as you can. Spread the word further by contacting your MP, the media and neighbouring local authorities. The more people you can get to support your view, the better.

I would recommend that you find a solicitor in your area to represent you should the matter go to court. You can find a solicitor through the law society using this function: (you will be able to search by area of expertise and location). The solicitor can also help you with the appeal process.

You can appeal using this link:

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Joy Nicholas and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Appreciated thank you