How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3633
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Citizen and I have 2 husband is iraqi he is

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is ***** ***** am British citizen and I have 2 husband is iraqi he is coming by visit visa but the last time the problem has happened between us it was dramatic abuse...but now he is trying to get resident in uk and he forced my children to support him
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am living in Birmingham
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No I didn't
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: His resident has refused from home office but now he moved it to the court

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

What assistance do you need then given the information that your have provided? If he is coming to visit he will only be allowed to stay up to 6 months and he wont be able to switch from within the UK. What is your worry this time round?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On July 2018 he came to uk by visit visa and he started to apply resent visa then the problem has happened between us I called the police and they put him in the prison for 1 month then went to London on bail he had criminal damastic abuse
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
His final court was in June 2019 I dropped his case because my children and family
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But I applied to get devorse
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After his criminal has dropped he returned to home office to get resident in uk but the home office refused
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now he moved his case to the court
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
started to try to get support from my children
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What can I do now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't want him to stay in uk
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Because he will keep trying to disturb me and my children

Was he deported then or he is in the UK? When you say he is at Court is he applying to remain for his children? How old are the children and are they British Citizens

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is still in uk
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
he is applying to remain for his children
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My children have 17 and 14
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They are British citizens as well
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Has the Home Office asked you to be a witness? It is diffciult where you have withdrawn charges against him because under normal circumstances you would use that to show that it is not in the best interests of the children and the public for him to remain in the UK. The fact that he has been in prison does work against him as the element of good character has to be satisfied in all circumstances. If he is able to show that he is there for his children and he will be able to contribute to ter maintenance without recourse to public funds and that it would be unreasonable for the children to be expected to move to Iraq and indeed if it is shown that it is not against the public interests for him to remain he would most likely secure the leave to remain based on family rights. If you have evidence to counter this you can offer the home office to be a witness to assist them in their position of refusing him the permit. I hope this answers your question. Feel free to send you follow on questions after your rating I am still able to respond to you. All the very best

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Which evidence I must have give me example??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi, the evidence you need is factual and I am afraid but only you would know what your ex puts you and the children through to convince the court that he should not be here. I think if you read my message above you will be able to see that the evidence you need would be that which shows he is not there for his children financially or emotionally, he will not be able to contribute to their maintenance without recourse to public funds, he is of bad character having been abusive to you and been imprison. Even if you were to get a solicitor to assist or if the home office were to use you as their witness it would be you that says why you do not think he should be allowed to stay in the UK, the solicitor will not tell you that.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's great .. Thank you very much

You are welcome. All the best

SolicitorRM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you