ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I was hoping to get some on advice on the normal amount of

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I was hoping to get some on advice on the normal amount of access time a divorced father is awarded in court - My x husband has filed court action against me to get more access. He is an angry difficult man we've been divorced since my daughter was 1 she is now 9 and he already has overnight every weds, overnight every other weekend and sunday 10-5.30 on the alternate weekend. Can he get more?? Thanks
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: He has filed for a court hearing against me
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: birmingham
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my daughter doesn't want the arrangements to change and is happy with the current arrangement
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 15 days ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The courts will normally allow the non resident parent (the father) to have an alternate weekend, tea time or overnight in the week. In additon half of holidays and celebration days. I have tp help you further attached a link to a great book which should help - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
when you say alternate weekend does that mean from Friday to Monday - Saturday morning to sunday night?
will the court consider the child's view and wishes?
will they take into account the arrangements we have had in place for the last 8 years?
will they take into account the x husbands consistent angry behaviour and the fact that he hasn't been allowed into our home except the driveway for the last 4 years?
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 14 days ago.

Alternate weekends mean different things - it can be until lunchtime on Sunday, 6pm or indeed Monday morning - it will depend on the circumstances and needs of the child. It will consider the childs wishes and feelings and indeed all of the circumstances in the questions you set out. The book should really help. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 13 days ago.

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

So I can close this, can you confirm that it has been answered with a "YES" or "OK". Thanks

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 11 days ago.

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 10 days ago.