12826847

If i reversed into someone in a transit van with no rear

if i reversed into someone in a transit van with no rear view mirror who i didn't see behind what are my penalties as they were in a coma in england

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
if i reversed into a person in my transit van with no rear view mirror but side mirrors and did not see them what is my punishment (there was no intention of harm at all as i did not see them)

I presume you exchanged insurance details

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no the person was walking and not in vehicle

Were they injured?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
seriously in induced coma ,as they were very intoxicated and did not break there fall it made things worse .i reversed approx 1.5m

Are you charged with dangerous driving or careless driving causing injury?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
section 18

S18 assault?

Are they arguing you drove at them deliberately?

Im just going underground but I'll pick up soon.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
yes, as they left my vehicle at a junction walked around the back of my vehicle whilst i was looking left and right i was facing left but so reversed my van 1.5m and drove right knocking them over whilst manoovering . A TRAGIG ACCIDENT AS IT WAS MY PARTNER FOR 5 YEARS WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED TO . SORRY IM CRYING AS I TYPE . I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE X

I seriously doubt they can prove a S18. They have to prove you intended to strike this person which is hard to do.

At the very least they should add a S20 in the alternative and even that is hard to prove.

I would concentrate upon defending this.