Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Please i have written a Draft of letter to amend defendant

Good morning.
Please i have written a Draft of letter to amend defendant part admission, defence and Issue a Counterclaim. If you can help me read through it and advise if i have covered enough for this application to be granted.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Sure, upload it here.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Judge decision -Preliminary hearing 22-10-19
"The application before the court to change the defendant was refused because it was not in line with CPR023. The defendant is so advised to file and serve with the appropriate fee CPR023 compliant application with evidence change the defendant, file a new defence and counterclaim with the consent from Trustees of the Redeemed Christian Church of God to be a substitute as defendant within 14 days"
Please: At this stage, do i need to write the new defence with evidence and make a separate application for counterclaim or I have to wait for the court to grant the amendment.

Just remind me, you are the Claimant or Defendant?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Defendant

Ok, then you need to file a new defence and counterclaim.

You also need to pay the court fee of £100

It looks like you also need a letter from the Trustees saying they agree to the amendment.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Which form do I need to fill in for new defence and countrrclaim. Thanks

No new form but it should follow this format:

https://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/sample-pleading-defence-counterclaim/

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Please can you confirm the new defence and counterclaim has to be submitted within the 14 days deadline by the judge. Thanks

Correct.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What, I have already submitted N244 form and documents attached to you and made payment of £100 to court some minutes ago before court close. Can I still email the new defence and counterclain to court before midnight. Today is 14 days deadline. thanks
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Whao, I have already submitted N244 form and documents attached to you and made payment of £100 to court some minutes ago before court close. Can I still email the new defence and counterclain to court before midnight. Today is 14 days deadline. thanks

Yes, you can email defence.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Rate 5

Can you please click on the button? Thanks!