12826847

Assistant: How can I help? I paid a pcn to transport for

Customer Question

Hello.
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I paid a pcn to transport for London on 19 June. Got a receipt online. Know tfl are saying they have not received the payment
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: so I checked with my bank got statements showing the money had left my account and sent it to tfl as proof. I also checked with my bank to make sure it had not bounced or returned to my account. They confirmed it had not. The bank went through my statement all the way through to July from June 19. And confirmed it had left my account ( £195) pounds and not returned I sent the stemware as proof to tfl they are still denying the payment never reached them. And they instructed a debt collector to retrieve the money. (£278) from myself with the aid of the bailiffs
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what exactly is your question regarding this please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As they have instructed the debt collecters to in force the collection of money with bailiffs how can I stop this , I can clearly show proof that the money was paid from my account as I am have a receipt of there web site
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do I have to pay £44 to talk to you on the phone ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
TfL inform me that they cannot stop the debt collectors
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If I have entered the details correctly on their website and got a receipt and can show proof that money has left my account is it still my responsibility? Or there system error ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Aren't they probably saying that you paid too late and it had gone to bailiffs so not paid in full?

Or against the wrong TFL number?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No. They are saying I haven’t paid at all
The pcn number and website is correct as they acknowledged I have a receipt even though I have proved by sending them a bank statement shiwning clearly the money had left my account.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The bank has also confirmed the money I paid had not returned to my account.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
So it’s lost somewhere in there system.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But yet I have to pay again
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Did you pay after the issue of the charging certificate? So after the adjudicator's decision?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

At what point did you pay?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
After I lost my appeal. Within the time frame. Which TfL acknowledged, I paid the on the 20th June and they informed me the money was returned on 1st July. ? But I didn’t cancel the payment. My bank informed me it did not return to my account. So the money I paid TfL claim they can’t trace.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for the information

There are a number of options.

The first is to pay and then reclaim.

The second is to seek an order to stay the execution of the bailiff warrant. That does cost although if things are as you say then it should succeed.

The only issue though is that you might want to ascertain with certainty that the details upon your payment were spot on. If they were not, it would be founded upon a misconception.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.